rognosissima The ascent Capannette of the Pey
The Penice and Capannette of Pey: hear "vecio"
After a week of continuous rain last Sunday with a looming weather passable.
Parto from London shortly before 8 towards Varzi. Along the way, I scan the sky does not seem too bad, but then I look to the Penice and suddenly come back to reality ': the black clouds are gathering pace. So much so '. No turning back now: I have a program "robust" to be fulfilled: the ascent from Penice Varzi, Bobbio descent, ascent of Valtrebbia to transcend, to rise from Zerba Capannette of Pey, li 'return through the passage of Varzi Brallo Cima after Colletta.
altimetry today
The climb to Varzi Penice by now know the good, and 'soon, there are the fateful bike air and 'cool. I climb in and relax. I only have to pass the time to wear the cape and then I throw it down. I expect A Bobbio Andrea, Benjamin, George, John, Luke, Nicole and Paul (in alphabetical order.) In the parking lot and, miraculously, the clouds are thinning. Before leaving Andrea "the vecio" offers a different program that would provide for me a final climb to Penice by Bobbio (after a climb of another totmila meters). I must say that I feel a bit 'too much. The vecio, a little 'reluctantly accepts then the original program. Discover 'then, in spite of myself, that I had better listen to him.
Flowering daisies above Bobbio
departure to Trasci. Climb and the Valtrebbia and 'a perfect day. Cool climate, clean air, sparkling colors. The rain of recent days leave the shiny leaves and the lawns of emerald green. The swollen Trebbia winds in the valley. It goes well ', lost in thoughts and talk to bucolic Trasci.
Gia 'and transcends not' a great name for a country: sa cross between scraping and skull, in short, a bad thing. Then maybe instead the country and 'great, the fact is that from them' a part of the climbs more 'mangy I have done in recent years.
is not 'the most' long, and not 'the most' steep: and 'the most' mangy. The road and 'rough and a bit' bumpy climbs alternating falsipiani deadly tear and, above all, never ends.
The league got here (see the wall). Nica, Paul, John and Benjamin above Marsaglia
I commit the grave error to deal with it without due "respect." Parto comfortable with pushing the 34x19 low but rising every little under 16 mph. The first sections of the climb it is pleasing: the asphalt and 'good and the slopes are reasonable and consistent. So 'I do get enthusiastic. But after a few km 'I'm Trasci presents the bill. The road begins to rip the handlebars vibrate unpleasantly steep and the gravel.
Spending junction for Tartago: Benjamin, an expert of the area, told me that some of these place names seem strange result from the passage of Hannibal (Tartago-Carthage, Djerba-Zerba). What should be thorough. But I have no energy available for activity 'brain.
The view from the junction of the Capannette Pey: they 'left the last ramps of the climb
I am one of those moments in which' required the utmost concentration to succeed to resist the urge to get off the bike, throw her on the ground and with a "mavaffa ..." call a taxi (a taxi here?). In addition to the practical problem of taxi here, the other thing that keeps me and 'the valley' the most 'wild imaginable. Very few clusters of houses perched on crests in the midst of hills, steep valleys and forests. Stuff from "A quiet weekend in fear," I can almost hear a banjo playing ... better ride.
Snow in the middle 'May: Giorgio, Andrea "the vecio" and I Nica
Cosi' between a tear, bend a bastard and a slight slope downhill (those who curse them 'cause you know that what affects you climb it go down now after ..) arrive at the crossroads above Pey. That even then there 'there would be a little something to say. One is a climb that has as its goal the "Capannette of Pey. "Bel evocative name of merry games in the meadows. Well, one sees that reached by climbing 'Pey I'm up there' and when it comes Christonic top of the hill said: 'Well, I finally arrived ..." But no! fact Pey there shortly before 'a fork that says "this side Pey, Pey Capannette of the of the'".
Needless to say that "the 'means a steep and rough?
short by Pey to' ste Capannette there are at least 2 km climb bastard. What if they did close to home 'ste Capannette of menga.
The Trebbia
Gradually we all all on top. Grandiose the two girls, Nica and Paola, which, although less experienced of us have crushed the monster.
I, to myself, I am very worried. I mean '...... I climb, I struggled a lot, but I had the choice myself. I think I'd be pissed off as if it had made on the choice of someone else. But then, how could I imagine that it was so 'mangy? Of course, I had to listen to the vecio.
The slight slope towards Cima Collection and 'a nice up and down. Cold air, pero ', and indeed in the woods are still a patch of snow.
the bar / shelter, sandwich and coke are welcome, before tackling the difficult descent to the Brallo. Here we divide: I'm going back to Varzi, others point to Penice. Li still waiting for the climb, I, fortunately, are now in place.
finish it with just under 105 km and 2500 m in altitude (100 of them really mangy).
Back in Varzi (not I be lost without a nice headwind that made me kindly pedal even downhill) I remember the advice of Andrew and his alternative program. There is no 'doubt that the next time you hear "the vecio.
Some photos HERE and file and GoogleEarth ' HERE.
0 comments:
Post a Comment