MAGIC AND MY FATHERS, ETTORE PARTISAN CRESTA
How many other times, I reflect that I was a rung higher, compared to the comrades of the Student Movement I stood around and talked about school and family, to Vietnam and the labor movement. Even at school I envied. My companions could also come to class with a mink coat and I turned to go with the aunt, I did not mind anything. Also (and this was the worst!) The matter was "parents." I was very supportive when they spoke with their mothers acquiesce (but more often quiescent) and authoritarian fathers, or vice versa, but more so that they could not ask, my parents were different, my mom activist UDI since '45 and my dad partisan. There were at least a generation later than their peers. It was the big mistake of my life, believe in a left to their own image and likeness.
As a child, but not limited to, my mom was for me the example to follow: Employee of us women, and an ability to deal with children that was unique (I always wanted to be a teacher), but dad ... From good daughter, I loved Mom, but Dad felt a tenderness that seemed absurd even to the person from whom more than me I felt protected.
a mountain.
Imbranato as I have always been, a slide toward the precipice, "My God!" He exclaimed while dad takes me on the fly. Mom looks at me wrong: "My Dad, you had to say. If it were not for him ... "I remain impressed. Of course, Mom was right. As always. It was so logical. And "MY GOD" I have not ever said.
Once before he had saved me.
I was born from a type of birth so troubled that it has saved quite a few people in the world. And virtually no other then left the healthy brain, nor mine, for the moment, it seemed that it really was. My eyes were empty and I stood motionless Shut up and put me in any position, and when it finally came the day I moved suddenly, sitting on the table, I ended up falling backwards. Dad went off and managed to get to the edge of the dress, as my head touched the floor. From that moment I had no developmental problems.
the early morning hour that Dad went to work .... Eyes closed tightly, pretending to sleep: if my father had found me awake, I would say to go to Latvia with her mother, but if you had believed me asleep, I would have carried. What a wonderful thing.
The greatest gift that I did was a shelf of the library for my books who were still few, and in my daydreams I saw them grow and grow flooding, asking for a whole library.
"I read anything in the library - I wrote to school with much haughtiness, seven years - so if I put a sign I do not know when it arrives and then Dad tells me everything."
was not true: if I was interested in a book I had first to ask Dad, but he hardly discouraged me, and I do not ever prohibited. If it was really too complex, we tried to understand together. Once again: great dad.
Since 2007, my father is in me as a friend said. And always will be.
0 comments:
Post a Comment